Thursday 8 November 2012

07/08/2012 ART4AG

Today I found out that GHS would be participating in the ART4AG competition. This was exciting and scary as, as a teacher I’ve never done anything like this. I was extremely thankful to the two companies Carroll Cotton Gin and the Naomi Cotton growers assoc. for sponsoring us :) The funniest thing that happened in beginning of the process is that I forgot to mention that the cow was fibreglass. My staff members could understand why I was so calm about a ‘bull’ arriving and why i was going to paint it, as that’s against the animal welfare policy. My HT Ag wasn’t happy that i had a bull coming as we had nowhere to put it. After I explained that it was a fibreglass version, everyone laughed and told me I should’ve lead off with that. Then I had to go away, while away the cow was delivered, and the Science staff, were getting calls from the deputies and office staff, to find out where I wanted my ‘cow’ delivered and that putting in the shed was not acceptable and again against the animal welfare policy :) Now they understood why it was so easy to be misunderstood. Kate Mathieson – Teacher


No comments:

Post a Comment